There must be clarity in demands that #OcuppyWallStreet protestors make. In fact, there must be demands. Period. Here are mine. Take note, citizens.
Lionel’s Demands: His Big 5
- The immediate cancellation or moratorium of and on student loans and their enforcement
- An immediate suspension of and moratorium on all home and primary residence foreclosures (especially so-called “fraudclosures”) using vehicles akin and/or analogous to The Frazier–Lemke Farm Bankruptcy Act and its hybrids
- The nationalization of the Federal Reserve (just saying this aloud is tantamount to porn to me)
- The implementation of a Tobin Tax or Wall Street Sales Tax or Robin Hood Tax (and variations thereof)
- The immediate cessation and termination of all foreign wars no matter what euphemism is used, e.g. kinetic military action, enforcement of no-fly zones, NATO support, name your poison.
Harkening back to Thomas Urquhart in 1652, “[W]hich churlish and tenacious humor hath made many that were not acquainted with any else of that country, to imagine all their compatriots infected with the same leprosie of a wretched peevishness, whereof those quomodocunquizing clusterfists and rapacious varlets have given of late such cannibal-like proofs, by their inhumanity and obdurate carriage towards some … .”